Okay, I don’t usually volunteer to do these things, but somehow I couldn’t resist the invitation this time. Why? No idea. Anyhow, here are my responses to the questions posed in Lemon Shark’s latest Blue Sky
chain letter blog post.
1. Do you judge a book by its cover?
A. Well … yes and no. (Yes, I’m a lawyer. 🙂 ) If the description sounds intriguing, it may or may not offset the effect of a misleading cover. However, a bad cover tends to be the first thing a reader looking for books worth a damn (quickly!) sees. So, I have to say a definite … maybe.
2. What’s your favorite color? (Specific shade would be awesome … just saying.)
A. Blue. Any shade. (Just saying.)
3. Which animal is smarter: chimpanzees or dolphins? (Since I’m not Geoff Le Pard, the parenthetical information doesn’t apply.)
A. I’d have to say dolphins, and not only because they’re adorable (because so are chimpanzees), but because I found it in Science News!
4. What’s your least favorite part about writing: editing, revising, or proofreading?
A. Easy. Proofreading, because at that point, I’m sick to death of reading my damn story. Again.
5. Are there any mythological creatures you believe are real? (Or wish they were?)
A. There is one mythological creature I wish were real. Bugs Bunny.
No? Are you saying that talking rabbits are real?
I’d say unicorns, but my god that’s been so done.
How about the Loch Ness monster?
6. Which ridiculously popular book did you not enjoy?
A. I actually don’t read such books. Honest! So, N/A. I guess.
Now, the matter of which of the following I prefer/would rather:
7. Pen or pencil.
A. Pencil. With good eraser.
8. Wine or beer.
A. Wine, unless it’s a really good beer.
9. Bean bags or straight-back chairs.
A. I’ll go with the chair, because I’m old.
10. A pile of proofreading or a stack of math worksheets.
A. I’ll take the math worksheets. I need the practice.
11. Monty Python or Three Stooges.
A. Now, that’s just … an impossible choice. So, I’ll go with the Marx Brothers! 🙂
Okay, Monty Python then.
Followed by the Stooges.
PS: If you’re reading this, feel free to answer Lemon Shark’s questions, too. Yeah, I’m lazy. 🙂
PPS: Hope you enjoyed my old vacation photos! 🙂
PPPS: The blog is Lemon Shark, not Lemon Snark! 🙂
This is lemon snark! 🙂